I started forging knives in 1989, when I went to a hammer-in at the ABS School in Washington, Arkansas, where I continue to teach. After seeig the work of the other Arkansas makers, I wanted to learn more, and have been making ever since.
Knives have always been a part of my life. I have always hunted, trapped, and used knives, making my first knife when I had a hard time finding a good knife to carry. The quality of the blade, edge holding ability, and durability continue to be my emphasis. I try to make a useful, forged working knife with the best quality materials and craftsmanship, and am best known for my Bowies with S-guards.
- 2001 -- Best Hunter -- Spirit of Steel Show, Mesquite TX
- 1998 -- Best Art Knife -- Arkasnsas Knifemakers Show, Little Rock, AR
- 1997 -- Best Bowie -- Las Vegas Classic, NV
- 1994 -- American Bladesmith Society Mastersmith rating
- 1992 -- American Bladesmith Society Journeyman rating
- American Bladesmith Society
- Arkansas Knifemakers Association