Maker: Kobayashi (click to see more by this maker)
Item num: 335
Item weight: 21.60 oz.
Shipment weight: 38 oz.
Blade: 16 layer stainless Jigane forged on a Cobalt steel core
Description: This full set of 5 Damascus knives includes:
• Kansui Fruit Knife (5" blade)
• Kansui Small Slicing Knife (6" blade)
• Kansui General Purpose Knife (6.75" blade)
• Kansui Slicing Knife (7.4" blade)
• Kansui Vegetable Knife (6.5" blade)
Kansui Ink Pattern/Suminagashi knives feature a Jigane, which is made by repeatedly folding together two layers of different types of stainless steel. This unique process creates a stainless Jigane with 16 exceedingly thin, alternating layers, called Damascus. The Jigane is then forge-welded to both sides of a stainless cobalt steel core and tempered to Rockwell c63º. This process creates a blade of great beauty and strength. The addition of cobalt and manganese to the high-carbon steel core greatly increases durability and ease of sharpening. These knives are perfect for restaurant and heavy home use. They will never tarnish or rust. Pakawood handles are riveted to the full length tang. Each blade comes razor sharp.
- Stainless damascus san mai blade
- Extremely hard cutting edge for long-lasting razor sharp knives
- Durable Pakawood handle
Availability: In stock. Usually ships in 1-2 business days