MAC Superior: Cleaver/Heavy Santoku - 6 1/2 in. (SD-65)
Product Description for MAC Superior: Cleaver/Heavy Santoku - 6 1/2 in. (SD-65)
Maker: MAC Knives (click to see more by this maker)
Product line: MAC Superior Series (click to see more in this line)
Item num: 83634
Blade length: 6.50 in.
Total length: 11.50 in.
Blade width: 1.93 in.
Blade thickness: 0.11 in.
Item weight: 8.16 oz.
Shipment weight: 11.44 oz.
Blade: Tungsten alloy stainless steel for longer edge holding
Handle: Resin impregnated wood
Description: The medium duty cleaver is excellent for breaking down bones for stock and separating ribs for the grill. Perfectly weighted. The santoku (Japanese chef's knife) shape allows the point to be used for breaking through cartilage.
The MAC Superior Series is an updated line of the Original Series. Knives in the Superior Series have larger handles and thicker blades for more weight and strength. The improved Tungsten alloy steel provides a longer lasting edge and makes resharpening easier.
- Incredibly Sharp
- MAC knives' legendary razor-like edges are sharper than those of any major cutlery manufacturer. One slice with a MAC knife and you will experience for yourself the true definition of sharpness.
- Effortless Slicing
- MAC knives feature thin, flexible blades which glide effortlessly through fruits, vegetables, meats & fish. Other knives, especially those of forged construction, have thick, stiff blades which actually "wedge" in the cut and must be forcibly pushed through to complete each slice.
- Stays Sharper Longer
- MAC knives have been hardened to 57-61 degrees Rockwell C. Knives from other major cutlery manufacturers are softer and consequently the edges dull more quickly in use.
- Less Fatigue
- MAC knives are light in weight, perfectly balanced, and ergonomically designed to reduce fatigue during your cutting chores. The design of the MAC knives is so unique that it has received numerous awards and is patented around the world.
- MAC knives provide an exceptional knife at a very reasonable price. With proper care and maintenance, they will provide many, many years of exceptional service.
Availability: In stock. Usually ships in 1-2 business days