MAC Japanese: Utility/Boning Knife - Honesuki - 6 in. (BON-60)
Product Description for MAC Japanese: Utility/Boning Knife - Honesuki - 6 in. (BON-60)
Maker: MAC Knives (click to see more by this maker)
Product line: MAC Japanese Series (click to see more in this line)
Item num: 83639
Blade length: 6.12 in.
Total length: 10.50 in.
Blade width: 1.66 in.
Blade thickness: 0.12 in.
Item weight: 6.72 oz.
Shipment weight: 9.2 oz.
Blade: Molybdenum alloy stainless steel results in a keen, and long-lasting edge
Handle: Resin impregnated wood
Description: Honesuki are Japanese boning knives. Great for boning chicken and red meats but also amazing as a general purpose utility knife! The shape provides finger clearance when working over a cutting board. A gentle rock to the blade makes it an optimal chopping knife. The thin, aggressive point makes it even capable of detail tasks where a paring knife would otherwise be used.
The MAC Japanese Series features traditional Japanese knives shapes and a traditional single bevel grind for right-handed use (with the exceptional of JU-65, which is double bevel and may be used by right or left-handed chefs).
- Incredibly Sharp
- MAC knives' legendary razor-like edges are sharper than those of any major cutlery manufacturer. One slice with a MAC knife and you will experience for yourself the true definition of sharpness.
- Effortless Slicing
- MAC knives feature thin, flexible blades which glide effortlessly through fruits, vegetables, meats & fish. Other knives, especially those of forged construction, have thick, stiff blades which actually "wedge" in the cut and must be forcibly pushed through to complete each slice.
- Stays Sharper Longer
- MAC knives have been hardened to 57-61 degrees Rockwell C. Knives from other major cutlery manufacturers are softer and consequently the edges dull more quickly in use.
- Less Fatigue
- MAC knives are light in weight, perfectly balanced, and ergonomically designed to reduce fatigue during your cutting chores. The design of the MAC knives is so unique that it has received numerous awards and is patented around the world.
- MAC knives provide an exceptional knife at a very reasonable price. With proper care and maintenance, they will provide many, many years of exceptional service.
Availability: In stock. Usually ships in 1-2 business days