MAC Japanese: Vegetable Knife - Nakiri - 6 1/2 in. (JU-65)
Product Description for MAC Japanese: Vegetable Knife - Nakiri - 6 1/2 in. (JU-65)
Maker: MAC Knives (click to see more by this maker)
Product line: MAC Japanese Series (click to see more in this line)
Item num: 83640
Blade length: 6.50 in.
Total length: 11.37 in.
Blade width: 1.87 in.
Blade thickness: 0.09 in.
Item weight: 4.80 oz.
Shipment weight: 7.28 oz.
Blade: Molybdenum alloy stainless steel results in a keen, and long-lasting edge
Handle: Resin impregnated wood
Description: The nakiri usuba is a traditional Japanese knife form ideal for chopping, slicing, and dicing fruit and vegetables. The edge is double beveled, like a Western knife. Though sometimes called a vegetable cleaver, the thin edge geometry makes it a precision tool, rather than a Japanese equivalent to meat cleavers.
- Incredibly Sharp
- MAC knives' legendary razor-like edges are sharper than those of any major cutlery manufacturer. One slice with a MAC knife and you will experience for yourself the true definition of sharpness.
- Effortless Slicing
- MAC knives feature thin, flexible blades which glide effortlessly through fruits, vegetables, meats & fish. Other knives, especially those of forged construction, have thick, stiff blades which actually "wedge" in the cut and must be forcibly pushed through to complete each slice.
- Stays Sharper Longer
- MAC knives have been hardened to 57-61 degrees Rockwell C. Knives from other major cutlery manufacturers are softer and consequently the edges dull more quickly in use.
- Less Fatigue
- MAC knives are light in weight, perfectly balanced, and ergonomically designed to reduce fatigue during your cutting chores. The design of the MAC knives is so unique that it has received numerous awards and is patented around the world.
- MAC knives provide an exceptional knife at a very reasonable price. With proper care and maintenance, they will provide many, many years of exceptional service.
Availability: Backordered - usually ships in 1-2 weeks